If you have a move on the horizon, you can rely on a smooth transition when you work with the team at Santa Fe Storage and Moving. Our experienced moving specialists can help you relocate with ease. Reach out today for a quote.
Downsizing Resources and Tips for Seniors
Are you thinking about downsizing your home in retirement? This is a common transition that many seniors take in their golden years, one that can save you time, stress, and money. Before you take advantage of the potential perks of downsizing, you’ll need to come up with a plan that will save you any added stress along the way. If you’re not sure where to begin your downsizing plans, these resources will help.
Creating a Financial Plan for Your Downsizing Move
The best way to ensure a smooth transition is to make a budget and get an idea of any costs you can expect to incur.
- Financial Benefits of Downsizing
- Survey Local Home Prices (Avg. Price in Santa Fe: $700,000)
- How Much Does It Cost to Move?
Finding the Perfect New Home for Your Golden Years
The ideal home is one that you like and that will meet your needs now and down the road.
- Realtor-Approved Tips to Help Senior Homebuyers
- Home Design Tips to Help Seniors Age in Place
- Top 5 Benefits of Independent Senior Living Communities
Managing Stress and Costs for Your Downsizing Move
A major transition like this comes with a lot of details so look for ways to reduce stress.
- A Complete Moving Guide for Seniors
- Work with a Reputable Service Like Santa Fe Storage and Moving
- The Ultimate Moving Checklist
Settling In and Feeling Comfortable in Your New Home
- 11 Things That Can Help You Feel More at Home
- How to Settle Into a New Neighborhood Quickly
- DIY Home Modifications for Aging in Place
The whole point of downsizing is to make your golden years more enjoyable, so there’s no reason why your move should stress you out. Especially when finding a new home and settling into it can be made easier by using the above-mentioned downsizing resources and tips. So, make your downsizing move less stressful, so you can get back to enjoying your retirement.
Photo Credit: Rawpixel
Written by Andrea Needham